The lecture will address highly relevant and advanced topics of the field of soft matter and biological physics.
The following topics will be covered:
- Natural and synthetic semiflexible polymers (cytoskeleton & DNA nanotechnology)
- Statics and dynamics of networks/bundles of semiflexible polymers
- Non-affine & non-linear behaviors in soft matter
- Jamming transitions & glass-like behavior
- Non-equilibrium fluctuations
- Equilibrium self-assembly vs. non-equilibrium self-organization
- Molecular motors & self-propelled particles
- Active soft matter (active actin structures & cells)
- Material properties in the development of tissues
- Physics of cancer
Seminar: Students will actively participate, e.g. giving talks or design posters about recent developments in the field.